Skip to main content

as it comes to a close....

this summer has been filled to the brim with new experiences, new people, and lessons that i might not have learned otherwise....so without further ado... this is my summer in a recap in no particular order...


when new friendships are forged in a matter of minutes compared to others don't question it just go with it. it must be in the cards....


grand gestures are for movies only, and if you wait around for them, you might be waiting awhile


i need to travel want to travel more need to travel more


late night chats with friends keep your sanity


the guilt is not worth the fun


amores de lejos amores de pendejos


london stole my heart but i can forget paris


inadvertently i create crazyness around me...as explained to me recently, i can no longer state "it's not me!"


sometimes the best evenings are spent on a porch with a glass of wine, good company, and conversation 


dresses in the el paso summer are a must


i look like a halloween costume version of myself with long hair


tattoos don't hurt as much as i thought they would (i know it depends on the place)


being able to say whatever you want to the person you're involved with, without having to sensor is a must


this pains me a little... but i don't know as much music as i thought i did...ouch....


i miss my friend family....yes, that is all of you in my old home of dallas....


surrounding myself with the right people, and taking away all the negative nancys makes a world of difference


fate fate fate fate....i don't care what anyone says i have too many examples of trying to fight the things that fate has in store for you.... just go with it....it makes life simpler easier and more enjoyable...


over analyzing everything takes the fun out of it (i still have to catch myself) but going with the flow seems to be the way to go


having people believe in what you do...wow


meals that cost an arm but taste like heaven are much needed and best when shared with friends


i am not a waitress...but the good ones have all my respect in the world even more so now... i'm a retail girl


having someone spoil you when you aren't used to it... is strange and wonderful all at once...


green hotels are confusing...


i have a great sense of direction....that is no longer a secret


i have been told i am a good cook...shhhhh.....


its okay for people to see through the cracks sometimes...


and last but not least.....


when the craziness of this academic year is upon me and i am bogged down with things i can't even imagine right now, its this list and the people included here that will remind me not to lose my summer knowledge...



Comments

Popular posts from this blog

¿Y la Prieta?

My grandma, Ita, called me Prieta. She called me this because my skin is toasted brown. When I was born my mom says I was light skinned, but she knew “que iba ser morena” because the inside of my little baby thighs were already darker than the rest of me. In the sun, I turn a darker brown. I get even more Prieta. It was a term of endearment. My sister, who has a light complexion, was called guera or guerinchi. When I tell people who don’t speak Spanish what Prieta means, dark or the dark one, their eyes open wide and a small gasp escapes. I see the offense they feel for me sprinkled on their faces like the freckles I will never have. When I try to explain, the offense still shadows their eyes. That is the problem with Spanish. Wait, maybe, that is their problem with Spanish. Even when I explain, they are suspicious. Their faces ask, “Is this true?” as if I am setting them up for a joke. But how can I explain the cultural and literal meaning of a word at the same time?

Birthday Blog: 32 Things I've Learned So Far

1. Priorities change as you get older. 2. Family is important and although I tell myself not to take them for granted I sometimes still do, but what's important is I try. 3. Make plans, lots of plans all the time to give yourself something to laugh about later. 4. One good drink is better than ten bad ones. 5. Beer can be good. Bud Light is not one of those beers. Ever. 6.  BFF's are the ones that change/grow with you. Not every person who was a BFF will stay one. That's okay too; you were in each others lives when you needed to be. 7. Smart beats hot. Every time. 8. Being around negative people is like licking a sick person's hand. It's contagious. Stay away. 9. Patience. Patience. Patience. (I'm still learning that one). 10. Life can continue without that MarcKheil'sChanelSevenChantelleDior thing. It can. Really. 11. If you can't have a conversation. Take the hint. 12. It's okay to cry. A lot. 13. Music. Music that you love that you fee

Los Dichos

No hay mal que por bien no venga. Tanto quiere el diablo a su hijo que hasta un ojo le quiere sacar. Mejor sola que mal acompa ñ ada. Tanto pedo para cagar aguado. Lo barato sale caro. Más seguro más amarrado. Para buen entendido muy pocas palabras. Para cada roto un descocido. Hijo pepe mariquita! Para pendeja no se estudia. Limosnero con garrote. Soy como Orozco, cuando como no conozco. La zorra nunca ve su cola ni el zorrillo su fundillo. El muerto y el arrimado al los tres días huelen. Amores de lejos, amores de pendejos. Estaba haciendo chili con la cola. Me  da diarrea con gusanos. Enfermo que come y mea, y el diablo que se le crea. La esperanza es la última que muere. El flojo trabaja doble. De noche todos los gatos son pardos. Una cosa es Juan Domínguez y otra cosa es no la chingues. Es de Don Cuco, entra la bola no se supo. Primero me besa un ciego. Dime con quién andas y te diré quien eres. No porque te levantas más temprano