I debated doing this, but now I'm jumping in. Let's see if I can do it!
Summer Reading Challenge Rules:
1) Pick 15 books that you would like to finish this summer--any genre, any size. This list doesn't have to be at 15 right from the start. It will grow as the summer continues.
2) Of the 15 books, designate 3 that you recommend to co-participants. (After you've read them, of course).
3) Of the 15 books, 3 of the books must be from recommendations by other participants.
4) Post your 15 book list somewhere with a link so that co-participants can link you on their webpages, tumblr pages, or blogs.
5) Hold yourself accountable by posting commentary about a book you've just read. Commentary can also take the form of something creative or artistic.
6) The Challenge Ends August 31st. Have fun.
My list (so far):
1. Lunch in Paris- Elizabeth Bard
2. How to Read Literature Like a Professor-Thomas C. Foster
3. Before the End, After the Beginning- Dagoberto Gilb
4. Sudden Fiction Latino- Edited by Shapard, Thomas, & Gonzalez (I started this previously so it's a little cheat)
5. Violette's Embrace-Michele Zackheim
6. Peace Locomotion-Jaqueline Woodson
7. Wise Latinas-Jennifer De Leon
8. Island of Bones-Joy Castro
9. Queen of the Fall-Sonja Livingston
10. My Feelings-Nick Flynn
11. Surrendering Oz-Bonnie Freedman
12. Confessions of a Berlitz Tape Chicana-Demetria Martinez
13. Twitching Heart-Matt Mèndez
14. It's Kinda a Funny Story-Ned Vizzini
15. Los Tiburines a veces tienen pesadillas- Daniel Ríos Lopera